Lately when I hear a mention of Cookies, my immediate thoughts no longer turn to the chocolate chip kind, but ones used in websites…
However, due to the friendly and helpful people out there on the web, I discovered some hints and tips on how to do it at no cost within Chrome. So I am passing them along in case they work for you too. There are a couple of suggestions, but if they still daunt you, or you use a different browser get in touch and we will go through it together…
Using a Chrome plugin to find your cookies
The best one I have found is Attacat, which can be found here. After installation there are step by step instructions on how to use it. In summary, you run the plugin, start a recording and browse your website – easy!
Use the existing Developer Tools
1. Open your website using Chrome
2. Hit F12 or choose Developer Tools from the menu
Your screen is split in two, with your website shown on the left and the site information on the right.
3. Select Application from the tabs at the right of the screen
4. Select Cookies from the Storage List in the middle of the screen
5. Click on the website domain and the cookies you are using on that page are displayed on the right
Now off for one of the chocolate chip kind and a cup of tea……